Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by janI <ja...@apache.org> on 2013/01/11 19:23:47 UTC

WIKI, down for change

Hi.

MWIKI is down at the moment, I try to get it up again...but I will take it
down tonight (GMT:1900-2400) for upgrading to a new VM.

Sorry for the inconvience, but there are 3 persons who have root access, so
I allowed myself a day off in real life !!!!

rgds
Jan I.

Re: WIKI, down for change

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
Thanks Juergen for the kind words.

We might need more sysop people maintaining the wiki itself, that is really
needed. There are soo much to do in the wiki, to get it cleaned, mark pages
as outdated, concenctrate information (like build instructions) all in
order to ensure it is easier to find the information you need.

But I think it is a bad idea to have too many people with sudo access, that
makes it very hard to keep a stable and documented configuration. We are at
the moment 2 (+infra) with sudo access, and that should be enough for that
kind of work. Be aware that many of things I do with the new vm (wiki2)
requires a tight cooperation with infra-root, because it get deeply
integrated into the structure (current wiki, is nearly not integrated at
all) and if several persons from our project were to coordinate that it
would be difficult.

Also remember we have the WIKI servers. AOO, translate and cwiki are
crossproject and as such maintained by infra (I know I do it as a person,
but in this case with INFRA views).

Rgds
Jan I.

Re: WIKI, down for change