Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by James Treacy <tr...@debian.org> on 1999/03/08 23:25:53 UTC

mod_negotiation/4022: "Accept-Language: *" does not use LanguagePriority

>Number:         4022
>Category:       mod_negotiation
>Synopsis:       "Accept-Language: *" does not use LanguagePriority
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When a browser sends the header "Accept-Language: *" apache ignores the
LanguagePriority directive and ends up selecting the variant to serve by
file size. While no browser should be configured to send this header with
this value, it is something we have to deal with. Apache would handle this
case better (since it makes up for the mistakes of others) by treating this
case as if no Accept-Language header was sent.