Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com> on 2007/09/03 15:35:17 UTC

Re: M2 -> Trunk Merge Complete

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 11:06 -0400, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> Robert Godfrey wrote:
> > Thanks for your hard work on this Martin,
> >
> > much appreciated

Huge +1

> Arnaud is out for the week, but when he gets back I'll ask him to have a
> look at the DTX issues and figure out what the deal is with store vs
> messageStore.

I am not that surprised that we had problems with merging M2 with the
new dtx store. The dtx store fully replaces the previous store so I
think that Martin did the right thing by rolling it back to use the M2
store.
I have implemented three new stores really, a in-memory one, a JDBC one
and a derby one. We need however to discuss the store interface during
our F2F. This new store aims in providing support for dtx that is a 0.10
feature.
So, unless we currently still have issues running some tests (in such a
case I'll try to fix those issues) I would suggest that we make a
decision regarding the new store during our F2F. I'll make a
presentation about what I have done that could be a good starting point
for a discussion.

What do you think?

Arnaud

Re: M2 -> Trunk Merge Complete

Posted by Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 15:36 +0100, Martin Ritchie wrote:
> On 03/09/07, Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com> wrote:

> > Huge +1
> >

> > > Arnaud is out for the week, but when he gets back I'll ask him to have a
> > > look at the DTX issues and figure out what the deal is with store vs
> > > messageStore.
> >
> > I am not that surprised that we had problems with merging M2 with the
> > new dtx store. The dtx store fully replaces the previous store so I
> > think that Martin did the right thing by rolling it back to use the M2
> > store.
> > I have implemented three new stores really, a in-memory one, a JDBC one
> > and a derby one. We need however to discuss the store interface during
> > our F2F. This new store aims in providing support for dtx that is a 0.10
> > feature.
> > So, unless we currently still have issues running some tests (in such a
> > case I'll try to fix those issues) I would suggest that we make a
> > decision regarding the new store during our F2F. I'll make a
> > presentation about what I have done that could be a good starting point
> > for a discussion.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >
> > Arnaud
>
> Sounds good. What was surprising though was the similarity between the
> interfaces in store and the new messageStore interfaces. As I could
> see there wasn't any between the MessageStore interfaces other than
> the repackaging which was one of the minor issues with the merge. Was
> the 'store' package left for any particular reason after the creation
> of the messageStore package? I agree that we should discuss this at
> our F2F.

I did not want to change everything I kept the old store and also
plugged the new store that has a very different interface.

> Do we have any more concrete details on when this is going to be?
> Perhaps we need a thread to pull out the items we need to discuss.

I guess that this may happen sometime in October. We still need to
finalize that though.
I am +1 for a thread for gathering the items we need to discuss.

Re: M2 -> Trunk Merge Complete

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.

--
Martin Ritchie