Posted to users@felix.apache.org by millieret <Xa...@Eaton.com> on 2018/07/18 07:52:31 UTC

IPOJO in the future

Hi all,

I would like to know the future of IPOJO with the new OSGI spec (R6), java
9, 10, etc. and declarative service?
Anybody know if this project will be maintain, will be updated, will be
upgraded?
So I would like to know, if it's a good idea, to switch to the new
specification and remove IPOJO dependencies for new OSGI project?

Regards

--
Sent from: http://apache-felix.18485.x6.nabble.com/Apache-Felix-Users-f4833200.html

Re: IPOJO in the future

Posted by millieret <Xa...@Eaton.com>.
Hello,

Thx for this information.

Regards

--
Sent from: http://apache-felix.18485.x6.nabble.com/Apache-Felix-Users-f4833200.html

Re: IPOJO in the future

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Unfortunately, since now a few years I didn’t have the time to maintain and continue the iPOJO effort. I’ve switched gears and I’m working on very different topics at the moment. That being said, I still use iPOJO regularly, without any issue.

Of course the evolution of the byte code makes things a bit unclear. I didn’t try iPOJO on Java 10, 11 or GraalVM.

Clement

Re: IPOJO in the future

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi

Re: IPOJO in the future

Posted by Jerome Pommier <je...@yahoo.fr>.
Hello,
I'm still using iPOJO (configured through xml file)  in my scientific
programs and I'm very happy with it. Upgrading and chaining very large
portions of codes is really feasible. My point of view is that OSGI-DS
doesn't yet provides same functionality. The main drawback (for numeric
calculations) is that, as I state in a previous post, the byte code
instrumentation of properties sometime induces long execution time for
properties heavily accessed within e.g: large loops. For such properties, I
pack them in a map properties, and I unpack them in class's fields at (re)
configuration. But it is not satisfactory because using maps is error prone
and not very readable.

If someone could proposed alternatives to iPOJO (other then DS), let me
known. I hope that iPOJO will still be active and upgraded.

--
Sent from: http://apache-felix.18485.x6.nabble.com/Apache-Felix-Users-f4833200.html