Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Leo Li <li...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/31 07:19:42 UTC

Harmony passes 97% tests of Derby and the patch.

Hi, all:
     I tested derby on harmony with IBM VME and here is the result:

     467 Tests Run
     97% Pass (454 tests passed)
     3% Fail (13 tests failed)
     5 Suites skipped

     Since the IBM VME we use is "J9" but with options like JDK1.5, so
I made some modifications, which mainly focus on:

   1. Add a j9_23 support class that is required for Harmony IBM VME. Aside
from the normal functions, it can identify the vm we uses.

   2.Modification in  RunTest,RunSuite and SysInfoLog, which prevents to
treat Harmony IBM VME as "j9" VM but like normal JDK1.5.

   3.Modification in dbManagerLimits_app.properties,wisconsin_app.properties
and triggerStream_app.properties to delete currently not acceptable VM
options.

   Will somebody willing to try the patch?:)

--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM

Re: Harmony passes 97% tests of Derby and the patch.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>>      I tested derby on harmony with IBM VME and here is the result:
>
> What is harmony,

You need to get out more ;-)

See   http://incubator.apache.org/harmony

> and what is IBM VME?

This is the IBM VM that can run Harmony's class library code [1]; as
compared to the VM being developed in the Apache Harmony project.

[1] http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/harmony

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)

Re: Harmony passes 97% tests of Derby and the patch.

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
>      I tested derby on harmony with IBM VME and here is the result:

What is harmony, and what is IBM VME?

thanks,

bryan