Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com> on 2006/11/16 21:10:14 UTC

Axis2 in a filter

Hi,

What would be the best way to use axis2 in a filter? Basically I need
Rampart to process the message and do security processing in a filter.

Is this possible and whats the best approach to tackle the problem?

George Stanchev

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: Axis2 in a filter

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
George

You could install Synapse between the client and the servlet engine.

Synapse (http://incubator.apache.org/synapse) is a project built on
top of Axis2 and Rampart that (amongst other things) can offload the
WSSecurity processing from an existing SOAP engine. Effectively it
sits between the client and server and can process the security
headers and pass on a simple SOAP or XML message onto the server.

Admittedly you would be serializing the message to the wire an extra
time, but given the overheads in running WSSec I think that wouldn't
be too much of a problem.

Paul

On 11/16/06, George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What would be the best way to use axis2 in a filter? Basically I need
> Rampart to process the message and do security processing in a filter.
>
> Is this possible and whats the best approach to tackle the problem?
>
> George Stanchev

> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
> you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

RE: Axis2 in a filter

Posted by Jhan Yuler <jy...@hotmail.com>.
wow!! ok.. I don't know why you want to do that if Rampart do it for you...
but... in that case... I think that the better approach is to check the
rampart source code to review how it do that.

RE: Axis2 in a filter

Posted by George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com>.
Yes, sorry.  Servlet filter.

--