Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Parthasarathy Kesavaraj <Pa...@PLANETASIA.COM> on 2003/10/01 06:33:41 UTC

RE: Servlet action is currently unavailable

Hai Koni,
	Thanks for ur reply.I am not using any database stuff.Still i am
getting the same message.I am trying to sort out.I'll let u know if i find
any solution.
Regards
Partha

Character Encoding

Posted by Stephan Wiesner <sw...@logicline.de>.
Hi,
I have a web application that needs to support arabic, so I use UTF8 for
encoding:
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"%>

This leads to some characters beeing displayed wrong (works fine with
Latin-1), like the German 'Ü'. However I can mix them if I write them
like '\u05E9' by hand.
My text strings come from a database and from my ressource bundles. I
could use a Servlet filter to change the Strings before serving them,
just have no idea how to transform them?

Stephan

Re: Servlet action is currently unavailable

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.
The container knows to look for the servlet that you have named 'action', so
at least the <servlet-mapping> element is present. Are you sure that you
have a <servlet> element in your web.xml for the Struts action servlet, and
that it's <servlet-name> is 'action' (without the quotes)?

Assuming you do have the <servlet> element setup properly, it looks like the
Struts action servlet didn't start correctly. Are there any messages earlier
in the server log that indicate some kind of failure?

-Max