Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexander Ramos Jardim <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/04 15:39:28 UTC

Some non-standard implementations

Hello pals,

I am developing an indexing service for an e-commerce services oriented
architecture.
Being a little more specific, I am developing the index services that will
provide the view with data.
Yes, all the view. The f0cking architects defined that the showroom/view
must be online and working even if the database is not. So they defined that
the index services I am developing will provide all data the showroom needs
to work, but not pricing, checkout and user data. That is another history.
I have a list of neat search features they want me to implement, and think
Solr might have something to help me.

The features:

1. Dynamic sort based on a query
1.1. When someone type the query "Grill", the application must know if
searches using the word "Grill" is sorted by price, bestseller, or brand, or
any other sortable attribute.
1.2. When the same person looks for "Dvd", the application should know a
diferent that a diferent sort is expected.
1.3. There must be a default sort method for queries not mapped this way.

2. More searched words
2.1 Is there a practical way to implement more searched words feature in
Solr?

3. "Did you mean" feature
3.1. Does Solr implements that?

--
Alexander Ramos Jardim

Re: Some non-standard implementations

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: 1. Dynamic sort based on a query

Solr doesn't have anything like this out of the box ... you're going to
need a mapping of input=>sort options somewhere, it will most likely be
just as easy to do it in your front end client application, but if you
really want Solr to keep track of that mapping you could do with a custom
Handler or SearchComponent.

: 2. More searched words
: 2.1 Is there a practical way to implement more searched words feature in
: Solr?

I don't know what that means.

-Hoss

Re: Some non-standard implementations

Posted by Norberto Meijome <fr...@meijome.net>.
On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 10:39:28 -0300
"Alexander Ramos Jardim" <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 3. "Did you mean" feature
> 3.1. Does Solr implements that?

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpellCheckComponent

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"And that's one reason we like to believe in genius. It gives us an excuse for being lazy."
   Paul Graham