Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/12 16:37:55 UTC

Database Locking issues

Hello there. I'm having problems running my examples in a non oracle
database. It seems that activemq uses FOR UPDATE for locking, but with
other databases it throws an error:

<amq:broker useJmx="false" persistent="true" brokerName="localhost">
		<amq:persistenceAdapter>
			 <amq:jdbcPersistenceAdapter id="jdbcAdapter"
dataSource="#dataSource" createTablesOnStartup="true"
></amq:jdbcPersistenceAdapter>
		</amq:persistenceAdapter>
		<amq:transportConnectors>
			<amq:transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61616"></amq:transportConnector>
		</amq:transportConnectors>
	</amq:broker>

<bean id="dataSource" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
		<property name="driverClassName">
			<value>org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver</value>
		</property>
		<property name="url">
			<value>jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/testdb</value>
		</property>
		<property name="username">
			<value>sa</value>
		</property>
		<property name="password">
			<value></value>
		</property>
	</bean>

Any ideas?

Regards

--
IBM Certified SOA Solution Designer
IBM Database Associate - DB2 UDB V8.1 Family

Re: Database Locking issues

Posted by Dave Syer <da...@hotmail.com>.
How do you disable the exclusive lock?  Ideally a solution involving Spring
configuration works best for me.

I am trying to do the same thing as the original post (where the platform
was pretty obviously HSQLDB, by the way).  I guess the HSQLDB support isn't
as complete as it might be?  Or Am I not configuring the adapter correctly?

	<bean class="org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService" init-method="start">
		<property name="vmConnectorURI" value="vm://localhost"></property>
		<property name="persistenceAdapter">
			<bean class="org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter">
				<property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
			</bean>
		</property>
	</bean>

	<bean id="connectionFactory"