Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Samedov, Alek" <AL...@saic.com> on 2011/02/01 21:42:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Windows package with OpenSSL

Hello,

I have Apache httpd 2.2.16 with OpenSSL 0.9.8o running on Windows 2003
64-bit. Apache installed by using Win32 binary
httpd-2.2.16-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8o.msi.

I have to upgrade both Apache and OpenSSL to the best available versions
to meet security requirements. The latest Apache version including
OpenSSL available to download from http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
is httpd-2.2.17-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8o.msi.

I needed to know if and when future versions of Apache Win32 binaries
with OpenSSL will have OpenSSL version 0.9.8q OR 1.0.0c or later.

I searched mail archive and found the following link related to Apache
v.2.2.16 and OpenSSL v.0.9.8o posted on Sep 13, 2010:
http://httpd.markmail.org/message/bemxm5ogixphq5un?q=The+Windows+binary+
is+not+a+release+by+the+Apache+Software+Foundation

It stated that "The Windows binary is not a release by the Apache
Software Foundation, but a courtesy offering.  The person who built that
decided to include the 0.9.8o version, which is entirely up to him"

I am wondering if there any updates on availability of the latest Apache
and OpenSSL bundled versions available.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Alek

RE: [users@httpd] Apache Windows package with OpenSSL

Posted by "Samedov, Alek" <AL...@saic.com>.
Hi Igor,

Thank you very much for your prompt response and link provided to alternative downloads of Apache binaries. I will search postings on this site to learn other users experience with different Win package distribution.

Regards,

Alek

> I have Apache httpd 2.2.16 with OpenSSL 0.9.8o running on Windows 2003
> 64-bit. Apache installed by using Win32 binary
> httpd-2.2.16-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8o.msi.
>

> I have to upgrade both Apache and OpenSSL to the best available
> versions to meet security requirements. The latest Apache version
> including OpenSSL available to download from
> http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi is
> httpd-2.2.17-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8o.msi.
>

> I needed to know if and when future versions of Apache Win32 binaries
> with OpenSSL will have OpenSSL version 0.9.8q OR 1.0.0c or later.
>

> I searched mail archive and found the following link related to Apache
> v.2.2.16 and OpenSSL v.0.9.8o posted on Sep 13, 2010:
> http://httpd.markmail.org/message/bemxm5ogixphq5un?q=The+Windows+binary+is+not+a+release+by+the+Apache+Software+Foundation
>

> It stated that "The Windows binary is not a release by the Apache
> Software Foundation, but a courtesy offering. The person who built
> that decided to include the 0.9.8o version, which is entirely up to
> him"
>

> I am wondering if there any updates on availability of the latest
> Apache and OpenSSL bundled versions available.

See:

http://www.apachelounge.com/download/
http://www.blackdot.be/?inc=apache/binaries

For alternatives.

> Thank you very much in advance.
>

> Regards,
>

> Alek

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Windows package with OpenSSL

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.
----- "Alek Samedov" <AL...@saic.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have Apache httpd 2.2.16 with OpenSSL 0.9.8o running on Windows 2003
> 64-bit. Apache installed by using Win32 binary
> httpd-2.2.16-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8o.msi.
>

> I have to upgrade both Apache and OpenSSL to the best available
> versions to meet security requirements. The latest Apache version
> including OpenSSL available to download from
> http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi is
> httpd-2.2.17-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8o.msi.
>

> I needed to know if and when future versions of Apache Win32 binaries
> with OpenSSL will have OpenSSL version 0.9.8q OR 1.0.0c or later.
>

> I searched mail archive and found the following link related to Apache
> v.2.2.16 and OpenSSL v.0.9.8o posted on Sep 13, 2010:
> http://httpd.markmail.org/message/bemxm5ogixphq5un?q=The+Windows+binary+is+not+a+release+by+the+Apache+Software+Foundation
>

> It stated that “The Windows binary is not a release by the Apache
> Software Foundation, but a courtesy offering. The person who built
> that decided to include the 0.9.8o version, which is entirely up to
> him”
>

> I am wondering if there any updates on availability of the latest
> Apache and OpenSSL bundled versions available.

See:

http://www.apachelounge.com/download/
http://www.blackdot.be/?inc=apache/binaries

For alternatives.