Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2010/10/02 02:30:43 UTC

Re: Solr with example Jetty and score problem

: But when I issue the query with shard(two instances), the response XML will
: be like following.
: as you can see, that score has bee tranfer to a element <arr> of <doc>
: <arr name="score">
: <float name="score">1.9808292</float>
: </arr>

The root cause of these seems to be your catchall dynamic field
declaration...

:    <dynamicField name="*" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"
:                             multiValued="true" termVectors="true"
: termPositions="true"
:                             termOffsets="true" omitNorms="false"/>

...that line (specificly the fact that it's multiValued="true") seems to
be confusing the results aggregation code.  my guess is that it's
looping over all the fields, and looking them up in the schema to see if
they are single/multi valued but not recognizing that "score" is
special.

-Hoss

--
http://lucenerevolution.org/  ...  October 7-8, Boston
http://bit.ly/stump-hoss      ...  Stump The Chump!

Re: Solr with example Jetty and score problem

Posted by Floyd Wu <fl...@gmail.com>.
Ok I Do a little test after previous email. The work-around that hoss
provided is not work when you issue query "*:*"

I tried to issue query like" key:aaa" and work-around works no matter shards
node is one or two or more.

Thanks hoss. And maybe you could try and help me confirmed this situation is
not coincidence.

Posted by Floyd Wu <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Floyd Wu <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris

Thanks. But do you have any suggest or work-around to deal with it?

Floyd