Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com> on 2007/06/11 05:18:18 UTC

Zeroconf module

I moved the Zeroconf source directory recently into the main Chainsaw
source tree, which I think is a mistake.

Chainsaw needs to have it, but a standalone jar is needed in the
client end to zeroconf-enable the application to expose it on the
network.

It make more sense to create a log4j-zeroconf module with just these
classes, _or_ roll this up in some companion module.

It's just 2 classes:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/chainsaw/trunk/src/main/java/
org/apache/log4j/net/

Thoughts?

Paul

RE: Zeroconf module

Posted by Scott Deboy <sd...@comotivsystems.com>.
I'd probably make a new companion module for it, but you could just add the classes to receivers, since it already contains both appenders and receivers.

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201