Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Michael Bauroth <Mi...@falcom.de> on 2006/11/21 20:31:02 UTC

Changes in trunk

Hi,

I've updated currently the MINA sources. Unfortunately like in older
versions I have everytime the big problem, that classes disappear,
default behaviour changes and so on. For the future I think it would be
a good idea to present such changes on a central place on the Wiki page.
What do you mean?

I know, that 99% of the stuff were be written and discussed in the
mailing list. But unfortunately I haven't already the time to read each
entry there. Sorry.

I would very appreciated, if someone could help me with a few hints on
my current problems for now:

question 1)

mConnector = new SocketConnector();
mConfig = new SocketConnectorConfig();
mConfig.setConnectTimeout( 600 );
((SocketSessionConfig )( mConfig.getSessionConfig() )).setReuseAddress(
false );

SocketConnectorConfig seems to be gone. Does the following code do the same?

mConnector = new SocketConnector();
mConnector.setConnectTimeout( 600 );
mConfig = mConnector.getSessionConfig();
((SocketSessionConfig )( mConnector.getSessionConfig()
)).setReuseAddress( false );

question 2)

is mAcceptor.getManagedServiceAddresses() the same as
mAcceptor.getLocalAddress()?

question 3)

is tConfig.getFilterChain() replaced by mAcceptor.getFilterChain()?

question 4)

which is the best advice for a correct managed threadmodel with maximum
throughput (dual core)? I 've read something in the mailinglist about
some changes here from previous automatically adjusted pool vs. manual
at the moment? If you could support a small snippet of code, it would be
very useful for me.

Thanx in advance again.

Best Regards
Michael

Re: Changes in trunk

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
Answering 1 & 3.
Yes. the connectorConfig has been removed as it, as I saw, held
references to the config classes which the acceptor now does itself.

2. Hopefully someone with more mina usage than I do can answer that
but at first glance I'm not so sure it is the same.

4. Here it depends on your app. I don't think there is a clear set of
guidelines for optimising mina yet. Perhaps we should start a wiki
page to bring everyones experience together.

Hope that helps a bit.

--
Martin Ritchie