Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Ramesh Rocky <rm...@outlook.com> on 2015/02/10 14:05:00 UTC

NameNode and DataNode Information

Hi,
I need to get the information about Name Node and Data Node.I have only information about ip and port of NameNode i.e., "hdfs://172.16.6.162:9000/file/data". With this information how to find the Name Node and Data Node live or not?.
I also try to make a socket connection for given IP and port if is connection Name Node is active but How to check Data Node is is active or not.
Because DataNode contains original data with out this we cannot write a data to hdfs. And also port 9000 is changeable by user so that I want to ensure

Thanks & RegardsRamesh

FW: NameNode and DataNode Information

Posted by Ramesh Rocky <rm...@outlook.com>.
Hi,

I need to get the information about Name Node and Data Node.I have only information about ip and port of NameNode i.e., "hdfs://172.16.6.162:9000/file/data". With this information how to find the Name Node and Data Node live or not?.
I also try to make a socket connection for given IP and port if is connection Name Node is active but How to check Data Node is is active or not.
Because DataNode contains original data with out this we cannot write a data to hdfs. And also port 9000 is changeable by user so that I want to ensure Hdfs is  running in given IP and port