Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Mike Carey <dt...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/11 20:14:26 UTC

JSON viewing in our web UI

Hmmm...  Check out the Chrome JSON handling functionality about 5
minutes into
https://lagunita.stanford.edu/courses/DB/JSON/SelfPaced/courseware/ch-json_data/seq-vid-json_demo/.
Is there some way to "access" that from within a browser window, like
from our results window?  (Though we want to be browser-flexible.)

Re: JSON viewing in our web UI

Posted by Mike Carey <dt...@gmail.com>.
Yes, something like that, indeed!  I was just thinking it'd be nice to
have a short-term solution while we wait for what will ultimately be our
solution from our new Korean sub-team.  (But maybe the wait will be
short enough that we should just wait, not sure.  I just got jealous
when I saw the Chrome stuff, and it dates back to 2012.)

BTW (for all), that URL's video also has a nice overview of JSON Schema,
which is amazingly relevant to (and similar to, minus syntax) some of
our ADM goodies like open types.  (Not surprisingly, I guess.)  Could be
an interesting thing to support in the future.

Re: JSON viewing in our web UI

Posted by Taewoo Kim <wa...@gmail.com>.
Like this?