Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Martin Kavalar <ka...@bokowsky.de> on 2001/09/17 23:53:47 UTC

XHTML Serializer

I was wondering why there is no XHTML serializer in c2. When defining my
own i use the XML serializer and set the content type to text/html.
Unfortunatly i then get all the namespaces from previous documents in my
xhtml which keeps it from validating as XHTML 1.0. Can anyone help?
thanks
martin

can not create cocoon.war file

Posted by YANLIAN <li...@sheridanc.on.ca>.
Hi Everyone.

I just download apache cocoon2 and want to install it with tomcat3.2.3 on window98. But I
can not create the cocoon.war file. (JAVA_HOME variable is set and servlet engine works
fine as a servlet container--with apache web server).
when I typed in ".\build.bat -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp", it give me the same
message as just typed in "java" without filename.

C:\Cocoon-2.0rc1a>.\build.bat -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp
Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java -jar [-options] jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

where options include:
    -cp -classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by ;>
                  set search path for application classes and resources
    -D<name>=<value>
                  set a system property
    -verbose[:class|gc|jni]
                  enable verbose output
    -version      print product version and exit
    -showversion  print product version and continue
    -? -help      print this help message
    -X            print help on non-standard options

I wonder something wrong with my setup. I appreciate any help.

Lian

Re: XHTML Serializer

Posted by Michael McKibben <mm...@ncube.com>.
Sorry, I didn't pay close enough attention to who was asking the question.
Interestingly, I do not have this problem in my stylesheets.  Here is what
I do:

(in my xml file)
<rootElement xmlns="http://namespace1">
        <ns2:someotherElement xmlns:ns2="http://namespace2"/>
</rootElement>

(in my xsl stylesheet)
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
        xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
        xmlns:ns1="http://namespace1"
	xmlns:ns2="http://namespace2"
        exclude-result-prefixes="ns1 ns2">

Notice that I declare the namespaces used in my xml file in my stylesheet
also. Hope this helps.

Regards,

--mike

Re: XHTML Serializer