Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by Eric Gao <er...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/13 11:56:00 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Improve DolphinScheduler Monitoring

Hi community,

To better match the slogan `Choose good tools, Back home early. Use Right
Scheduler, Sleep Tight `, this mail thread proposes improving the
monitoring of DolphinScheduler.

Currently, in the officially-released versions of DS, there is only
`statistics` feature but no metrics which could be exposed and better
monitored in external systems such the `prometheus + grafana` solution.
Metrics also enable users to better prevent scheduling failures and track
down the bugs when failures happen. We find that DS has already integrated
`micrometers`, therefore, we are working on adding metrics into
DolphinScheduler based on the previous work of
https://github.com/apache/dolphinscheduler/pull/6840

Actually this proposal has been brought up and discussed several times in
community bi-weekly meetings and an initial PR has been submitted by
Wenjun. For details such as progress, action items, etc. please check these
two links: https://docs.qq.com/doc/DTGFiSkRIbHBIeVp3 and
https://github.com/apache/dolphinscheduler/issues/9324

Discussions and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated! (Either by
replying directly to this mail thread or commenting in github issue
https://github.com/apache/dolphinscheduler/issues/9324)

Thanks!

--
Best Regards

Eric Gao

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improve DolphinScheduler Monitoring

Posted by Jiajie Zhong <zh...@gmail.com>.
Agree with wenjun, metric is an important part, especially the
scheduling system, thank both of you to bring it up or start the
metric job

--
Best Wish
— Jiajie

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improve DolphinScheduler Monitoring

Posted by Wenjun Ruan <be...@gmail.com>.
+1,