Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Thomas Corona <ta...@outlook.com> on 2018/03/24 20:50:43 UTC

Print issue

I cannot print from Open Office any longer unless I convert doc to a PDF. I have the latest version (4.1.5) and it is updated. I use Windows 10. Please advise.
Thank you,
T. A. Corona
New Orleans

Re: Print issue

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 25 Mar 2018 16:17:14 +1100
Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM> wrote:

> On 25/03/18 9:49 AM, Steven Ahlers wrote:
> > Make sure your printer drivers are up to date.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> >> On Mar 24, 2018, at 1:50 PM, Thomas Corona <ta...@outlook.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I cannot print from Open Office any longer unless I convert doc to a PDF. I have the latest version (4.1.5) and it is updated. I use Windows 10. Please advise.
>
> What advice can we give?
> Cannot print is very vague.
> Is there a Print option under the File menu?
> Do you see your printer in the printer selection menu?
> Is there an error message?

This problem seems to occur after one particular Windows 10 update; the cure is to uninstall your printer, reboot the computer and reinstall the printer.  If that doesn't work  - it usually seems to - I'm not a Windows user, check that you have the correct drivers by accessing the printer manufacturer's site, and install them - sometimes a generic printer from the same manfacturer is installed by Windows autodetect.

RoryOF

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Print issue

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.