Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mehdi Bennani <mb...@freebalance.com> on 2005/04/06 20:21:08 UTC

url.case.folding issue.

Guys,

This is just a follow up to Sandeep issue posted mid-2003 regarding the
url.case.folding flag for the request params.

(http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SearchList?listId=&listName=jetspeed
-dev@jakarta.apache.org&searchText=url.case.folding&defaultField=subject
&Search=Search)

I am using jetspeed v.1.5

I am using the ServletInvokerPortlet portlet to invoke some of my
serlvets from portlets. I know that Jetspeed relies on turbine to parse
the request parameters and fills in the run data. These parameters are
cased based on the flag url.case.folding in turbineResources.properties.
By default, this flag is set to lowercase by jetspeed. However, I need
to switch that to none for my servlets to be able to find the params.
Turning that flag to none makes the portlet configuration page (move
up/move down) throw nullpointerexception.

Has this been fixed already? Anyone aware of it?

Re: Creation of PSML files

Posted by Deep Kumar <de...@comcreation.com>.
Hi All,
    I got the solution, I was missing three lines of code...  Here is the
new code.

                            String userName = "Sample", password =
"Sample1";
                            JetspeedUser user =
JetspeedSecurity.getUserInstance();

                           ServletConfig config = getServletConfig();
                           RunData runData =
RunDataFactory.getRunData(request, response, config);
                           runData.getParameters().setProperties(user);

user.setUserName(JetspeedSecurity.convertUserName(userName));
                           user.setPassword(password);
                           System.out.println("Password : "+password);
                           user.setLastName("lastName");
                           user.setFirstName("firstName");
                           user.setEmail("Sample@Sample.com");

                           Date now = new Date();
                           user.setCreateDate(now);
                           user.setLastLogin(now);

user.setConfirmed(JetspeedResources.CONFIRM_VALUE);
                           JetspeedSecurity.addUser(user);

Regards
Deep Kumar
Chief Architect, ComCreation