Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by tedsolr <ts...@sciquest.com> on 2014/07/01 22:37:12 UTC

Continue indexing doc after error

I need to index documents from a csv file that will have 1000s of rows and
100+ columns. To help the user loading the file I must return useful errors
when indexing fails (schema violations). I'm using SolrJ to read the files
line by line, build the document, and index/commit. This approach allows me
to index the docs that have no schema validation errors, skipping over the
docs that do. However, I really want to report errors field by field. As the
user makes corrections to the file, this would prevent the same doc from
failing multiple times if there are several fields that are busted.I have
not seen a configuration setting that tells solr to keep indexing the doc
after it encounters the first error, reporting back all the field errors
(multiple exceptions). Does anyone know if that's possible?Using Solr 4.8.1

Re: Continue indexing doc after error

Posted by tedsolr <ts...@sciquest.com>.
Thank you. That's a useful link. Maybe not quite what I'm looking for, as it
appears to do with bulk loads of docs - returning an error for each bad doc.
My question is more about getting all the errors for a single doc. I'm
probably taking a performance hit by adding docs one at a time. I haven't
tested super big files yet (1M+ rows).

Re: Continue indexing doc after error

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.
I think what you want is what’s described in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-445 This has not been committed
because it still doesn’t work with SolrCloud. Hoss gave me the hint to look
at DistributingUpdateProcessorFactory to solve the problem described in the
last comments, but I haven’t had time to get back to this yet.