Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Age Mooy <am...@home.nl> on 2003/02/14 01:03:31 UTC

maven-b8 junit-report plugin crashes when one or more tests fail.

Hi,

The junit-report plugin that comes with maven-b8 has major problems
processing output from failed unit tests. While the plugin is procesing
the junit xml output into xdocs, I get a long Velocity stacktrace for
each failed test method it encounters. I can reproduce this in all my
projects by simply adding a call to fail() in one of my (normally
successful) unit test methods. One identical stacktrace for each test
method failure.

Here's the snipped version of the stacktrace. I attached the full
console output for a normal run and a -X run as text files

ASTIdentifier : java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.velocity.anakia.Escape.getText(Escape.java:81)
        at
org.apache.commons.jexl.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.i
nvok
        at
org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:56)
        at
org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:10
6)
        at
org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTReference.value(ASTReference.java:88)
        at
org.apache.commons.jexl.ExpressionImpl.evaluate(ExpressionImpl.java:123)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.expression.jexl.JexlExpression.evaluate(JexlExp
ress

I get this with
 - no velocity jar in the maven/lib dir
 - velocity-1.3.jar in the maven/lib dir
 - velocity-1.4-dev.jar in the maven/lib dir

OS = win2k
VM = 1.3.1_06

Can anyone reproduce this ?

Age