Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by "Cheng, Hao" <ha...@intel.com> on 2016/01/26 06:37:32 UTC

HiBench as part of Bigtop

Dear BigTop Devs,

I am from Intel Big Data Technology team, and we are the owner of HiBench, an open source benchmark suite for Hadoop / Spark ecosystem; as widely used, more and more trivial requirements from HiBench users, due to the limited resources, particularly the ease of deployment, we are exploring the possibility of getting the code into BigTop.

HiBench code can be found at: https://github.com/intel-hadoop/HiBench

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Hao

RE: HiBench as part of Bigtop

Posted by "Cheng, Hao" <ha...@intel.com>.
Thank you RJ, Cos. it's really worth to think about the datagen and deployment. I will talk with team and get back soon.

Posted by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com>.

Re: HiBench as part of Bigtop

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: HiBench as part of Bigtop

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
> Am 27.01.2016 um 05:58 schrieb Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>:
>
> If hibench can run as a gradle task that would be far more useful to the typical audience  IMO and less technical debt to carry
>
> .....I think the amount of boilerplate for a package only is justified if it's a distributed component.

Or if it is to be deployed in a production environment

Olaf

Re: HiBench as part of Bigtop

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:58PM, Jay Vyas wrote:
> If hibench can run as a gradle task that would be far more useful to the typical audience  IMO and less technical debt to carry
>
> .....I think the amount of boilerplate for a package only is justified if it's a distributed component.

Well put!

Re: HiBench as part of Bigtop

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: HiBench as part of Bigtop