Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pauldale <pa...@traxon.com> on 2006/08/18 09:30:36 UTC

xbean:config.xml not working

Hi all,

I've been attempting to get activemq 4.0.1 working with an xml configuration
file.

I'm using

./activemq xbean:config.xml

and it says

But it still shows the default configuration on the output, e.g. changing
the port, adding the name, etc doesn't work.

Using the broker: notation does work, but it seems that there are only a few
specific options you can configure that way.

I've tried it even with a very minimal xml config such as

<breans>
  <broker useJmx="false">
  </broker>
</beans>

And it still isn't modifying the broker's configuration (It always starts
with the defaults ...)

Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

Many thanks ...

Paul

Re: xbean:config.xml not working

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Glad its working for you :)

On 8/21/06, pauldale <pa...@traxon.com> wrote:

> I just figured out what was wrong. I didn't realize my classpath was being
> overwritten. I happened to name my config file activemq.xml not realizing
> the default, in the conf directory, was named the same.
>
> Apparently the classpath was getting overwritten and that one was being
> used.
>
> Everything is working as expected now ... thanks for your offer of
> assistance.
>

> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > Could you give a real example of the XML you are using as the one you
> > mentioned is invalid (no namespace and a typo on the root element).
> >
> > On 8/18/06, pauldale <pa...@traxon.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I've been attempting to get activemq 4.0.1 working with an xml
> >> configuration
> >> file.
> >>
> >> I'm using
> >>
> >> ./activemq xbean:config.xml
> >>
> >> and it says

> >> But it still shows the default configuration on the output, e.g. changing
> >> the port, adding the name, etc doesn't work.
> >>
> >> Using the broker: notation does work, but it seems that there are only a
> >> few
> >> specific options you can configure that way.
> >>

> >> I've tried it even with a very minimal xml config such as
> >>
> >> <breans>
> >>   <broker useJmx="false">
> >>   </broker>
> >> </beans>
> >>
> >> And it still isn't modifying the broker's configuration (It always starts
> >> with the defaults ...)
> >>

> >> Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?
> >>
> >> Many thanks ...
> >>
> >> Paul
> >> --
> >> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at Nabble.com.
> >>

> > --
> >
> > James
> > -------
> > http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

James
-------

Posted by pauldale <pa...@traxon.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Could you give a real example of the XML you are using as the one you
mentioned is invalid (no namespace and a typo on the root element).

On 8/18/06, pauldale <pa...@traxon.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been attempting to get activemq 4.0.1 working with an xml configuration
> file.
>
> I'm using
>
> ./activemq xbean:config.xml
>
> and it says

> But it still shows the default configuration on the output, e.g. changing
> the port, adding the name, etc doesn't work.
>
> Using the broker: notation does work, but it seems that there are only a few
> specific options you can configure that way.
>

> I've tried it even with a very minimal xml config such as
>
> <breans>
>   <broker useJmx="false">
>   </broker>
> </beans>
>
> And it still isn't modifying the broker's configuration (It always starts
> with the defaults ...)
>

> Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?
>
> Many thanks ...
>
> Paul

James
-------