Posted to dev@yetus.apache.org by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@apache.org> on 2022/06/03 20:26:24 UTC

[DRAFT] Board Report - June 2022

Apache Yetus provides libraries and tools that enable contribution and
release processes for software projects.

## Issues:

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Membership Data:

Apache Yetus was founded 2015-09-15 (7 years ago)
There are currently 12 committers and 9 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 4:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Akira Ajisaka on 2018-12-17.
- No new committers. Last addition was Akira Ajisaka on 2018-02-06.

## Project Activity:

Apache Yetus 0.14.0 was released on May 16, 2022.  Adoption is
now in progress in a bunch of locations with the only known problem
being a change in golangci-lint's behavior with regards to
output.  The workaround is trivial but we will definitely need to fix
it in a future release.

As part of this release, we've officially made JDK11 the floor for our
Java code.  In order to do so, we had to tap into private APIs since
the Doclet APIs are (still?) missing core functionality.  However,
downstream users of us will now be able to move forward as well.

Post-release, most of the activity has been around fixing problems
seen with the release process itself.  While ours is fairly automated,
it can always be improved.

## Community Health:

* dev@yetus.apache.org had a 750% increase in traffic in the past quarter (17
  emails compared to 2)
* 36 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (414% increase)
* 55 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (587% increase)
* 48 commits in the past quarter (700% increase)

Re: [DRAFT] Board Report - June 2022

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@apache.org>.