Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by James McMahon <js...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/11 13:19:06 UTC

Adding a node to a cluster

A nifi cluster has been created using a CloudFormation script. The cluster
is running, and the customer now wishes to scale up the cluster by adding a
node. What is the optimal way to add a node to a running nifi cluster
established through CloudFormation? My instinct tells me to do it within
the confines of CloudFormation so that the new node isn't lost if
CloudFormation is re-run. But does that mean the active cluster needs to be
shutdown just to modify the CloudFormation scripts and restart it with the
new cluster configuration?

Has anyone successfully done this, and can offer some tips or a link to an
outline of the process?

Re: Adding a node to a cluster

Posted by James McMahon <js...@gmail.com>.
This is an external zookeeper, Mein Herr.  And this team’s current thought
is that the easiest way to add a node is to modify their CloudFormation
script, and use it to tear down and re-standup their N-cluster + 1. I’m
wondering that there might be a less-disruptive way to add the “+1”. Is
there?

auf Wiedersehen
Jim

Re: Adding a node to a cluster