Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Christoph Thelen <CT...@hilscher.com> on 2022/07/11 12:06:40 UTC

Cassandra setup

Hi all,

I'm trying to run Archiva 2.2.8 standalone with Cassandra for Metadata as described here: https://archiva.apache.org/docs/2.2.8/adminguide/repositories-content-storage.html . First I tried Cassandra 4.0.4, but Archiva could not connect. Is it correct that Archiva needs Thrift (which was removed in Cassandra 4)?
Next try was Cassandra 3.11.13, but Archiva stopped with the following exception:

"InvalidRequestException(why:unconfigured table metadatafacet)"

I have created a keyspace in Cassandra, but nothing else. Do I have to create some tables by hand?

Thanks for your help,
--
Chris

Hilscher Gesellschaft für Systemautomation mbH   |  Rheinstrasse 15  |  65795 Hattersheim  |  Germany  |  www.hilscher.com<http://www.hilscher.com>
Sitz der Gesellschaft / place of business: Hattersheim  |  Geschäftsführer / managing director: Sebastian Hilscher, Hans-Jürgen Hilscher
Handelsregister / commercial register: Frankfurt B 26873  |  Ust. Idnr. / VAT No.: DE113852715
Registergericht / register court: Amtsgericht Frankfurt/Main

Important Information:
This e-mail message including its attachments contains confidential and legally protected information solely intended for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please contact the addresser immediately and delete this message including its attachments. The unauthorized dissemination, copying and change of this e-mail are strictly forbidden. The addresser shall not be liable for the content of such changed e-mails.

Wichtiger Hinweis:
Diese E-Mail einschließlich ihrer Anhänge enthält vertrauliche und rechtlich geschützte Informationen, die nur für den Adressaten bestimmt sind. Sollten Sie nicht der bezeichnete Adressat sein, so teilen Sie dies bitte dem Absender umgehend mit und löschen Sie diese Nachricht und ihre Anhänge. Die unbefugte Weitergabe, das Anfertigen von Kopien und jede Veränderung der E-Mail ist untersagt. Der Absender haftet nicht für Inhalte von veränderten E-Mails.

Re: Cassandra setup

Posted by Christoph Thelen <CT...@hilscher.com>.
Hi Olivier,

>> First I tried Cassandra 4.0.4, but Archiva could not connect. Is it
>> correct that Archiva needs Thrift (which was removed in Cassandra 4)?
>
> oh yes we need some update there.

A small hint in the docs would be enough to save other lost souls like me. :)

>> "InvalidRequestException(why:unconfigured table metadatafacet)"
>>
>> I have created a keyspace in Cassandra, but nothing else. Do I have to
>> create some tables by hand?
>
> normally not keyspace should work. maybe you could try with some debug
> level activated to have more details?

Please find the logs with "debug" level here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/muhkuh-sys/archiva_cassandra_test/master/logs/archiva.log
I tried to find something useful, but no luck. Here is the exception:

2022-07-18 18:12:59,294 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] DEBUG me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.client.HThriftClient [] - keyspace reseting from null to archiva
2022-07-18 18:12:59,305 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] DEBUG me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.client.HThriftClient [] - Closing client CassandraClient<10.4.34.2:9160-2>
2022-07-18 18:12:59,305 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] DEBUG me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.client.HThriftClient [] - Creating a new thrift connection to 10.4.34.2(10.4.34.2):9160
2022-07-18 18:12:59,306 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] DEBUG org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory [] - Retrieved dependent beans for bean 'metadataResolver#default': [repositorySessionFactory#jcr, repositorySessionFactory#cassandra]
2022-07-18 18:12:59,306 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] DEBUG org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory [] - Retrieved dependent beans for bean 'auditListener#metadata': [remoteRepositoryAdmin#default]
2022-07-18 18:12:59,306 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] DEBUG org.springframework.context.annotation.CommonAnnotationBeanPostProcessor [] - Invoking destroy method on bean 'remoteRepositoryAdmin#default': private void org.apache.archiva.admin.repository.remote.DefaultRemoteRepositoryAdmin.shutdown() throws org.apache.archiva.admin.model.RepositoryAdminException
2022-07-18 18:12:59,310 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] WARN  org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext [] - Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ldapGroupMappingService#rest': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private org.apache.archiva.redback.common.ldap.role.LdapRoleMapper org.apache.archiva.redback.rest.services.DefaultLdapGroupMappingService.ldapRoleMapper; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ldapRoleMapper#default': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private org.apache.archiva.redback.common.ldap.connection.LdapConnectionFactory org.apache.archiva.redback.common.ldap.role.DefaultLdapRoleMapper.ldapConnectionFactory; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ldapConnectionFactory#archiva': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private org.apache.archiva.redback.configuration.UserConfiguration org.apache.archiva.redback.common.ldap.connection.ConfigurableLdapConnectionFactory.userConf; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'redbackRuntimeConfigurationAdmin#default': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private java.util.List org.apache.archiva.admin.repository.AbstractRepositoryAdmin.auditListeners; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'auditListener#metadata': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private org.apache.archiva.metadata.repository.RepositorySessionFactory org.apache.archiva.audit.MetadataAuditListener.repositorySessionFactory; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'repositorySessionFactory#file': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private org.apache.archiva.metadata.repository.MetadataResolver org.apache.archiva.metadata.repository.file.FileRepositorySessionFactory.metadataResolver; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'metadataResolver#default': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private org.apache.archiva.metadata.repository.storage.RepositoryStorage org.apache.archiva.metadata.repository.DefaultMetadataResolver.repositoryStorage; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'repositoryStorage#maven2': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private org.apache.archiva.admin.model.managed.ManagedRepositoryAdmin org.apache.archiva.metadata.repository.storage.maven2.Maven2RepositoryStorage.managedRepositoryAdmin; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'managedRepositoryAdmin#default': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private org.apache.archiva.scheduler.repository.model.RepositoryArchivaTaskScheduler org.apache.archiva.admin.repository.managed.DefaultManagedRepositoryAdmin.repositoryTaskScheduler; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'archivaTaskScheduler#repository': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HInvalidRequestException: InvalidRequestException(why:unconfigured table metadatafacet)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessPropertyValues(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:334) ~[spring-beans-4.2.1.RELEASE.jar:4.2.1.RELEASE]

I dumped my steps into an Ansible script in this repo: https://github.com/muhkuh-sys/archiva_cassandra_test
It sets up a Cassandra cluster on 3 VMs, creates the keyspace and installs Archiva.
Here are the Archiva configuration files: https://github.com/muhkuh-sys/archiva_cassandra_test/tree/master/roles/archiva/files
Maybe it helps to find my error.

Thanks for your time,
--
Chris

________________________________
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Never provide your password!
VORSICHT: Diese E-Mail kommt von einem externen Absender. Bitte keine Links anklicken oder Anlagen öffnen falls Sie den Absender nicht kennen. Niemals Ihr Kennwort eingeben!

On Mon, 11 Jul 2022 at 22:06, Christoph Thelen <CT...@hilscher.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to run Archiva 2.2.8 standalone with Cassandra for Metadata as
> described here:
> https://archiva.apache.org/docs/2.2.8/adminguide/repositories-content-storage.html
> . First I tried Cassandra 4.0.4, but Archiva could not connect. Is it
> correct that Archiva needs Thrift (which was removed in Cassandra 4)?

oh yes we need some update there.

> Next try was Cassandra 3.11.13, but Archiva stopped with the following
> exception:
>
> "InvalidRequestException(why:unconfigured table metadatafacet)"
>
> I have created a keyspace in Cassandra, but nothing else. Do I have to
> create some tables by hand?

normally not keyspace should work. maybe you could try with some debug
level activated to have more details?

cheers
Olivier

Re: Cassandra setup