Posted to general@portals.apache.org by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com> on 2007/09/11 13:27:08 UTC

PortalsPlanet

A couple of weeks ago Elliot set up a planet for portals related people:

http://people.apache.org/~esm/venus/portals/

While it has not been upgrading (it needs either upgrading by hand or a
crontab), I see that the idea is cool. Furthermore, Sam Ruby offered to
set up and maintain planets for such Project Management Committees that
wanted. For the moment it is mostly empty, just Elliot and myself, but I
have found planets useful to check the status of a community. Venus even
more if the "meme" plugin is used.

What does people think on the idea?
Santiago

Re: PortalsPlanet

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.
I know Dims has a blog (http://davanum.wordpress.com/), Sam obviously.
Does anyone else in Portals have a blog?

I didn't realize planet apache was open to all committers... I'll have
to look into it.

Re: PortalsPlanet

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.

Re: PortalsPlanet

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.

Re: PortalsPlanet

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Sep 11, 2007, at 4:27 AM, Santiago Gala wrote:

> A couple of weeks ago Elliot set up a planet for portals related
> people:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~esm/venus/portals/
>
> While it has not been upgrading (it needs either upgrading by hand
> or a
> crontab), I see that the idea is cool. Furthermore, Sam Ruby
> offered to
> set up and maintain planets for such Project Management Committees
> that
> wanted. For the moment it is mostly empty, just Elliot and myself,
> but I
> have found planets useful to check the status of a community. Venus
> even
> more if the "meme" plugin is used.
>
> What does people think on the idea?
> Santiago

I like the idea. Guess I just got to make more time in my day to blog
(sigh)
Let me see if I can come up with something

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software