Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Marcos Roriz <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/08 18:54:18 UTC

[general] Google Summer of Code

Hello Guys.
I'm a undergrad student from Brazil that loves FOSS and the Java Platform.
Recently I have started to hack Harmnoy and I'm very interested on it, also
I'm very interested to join GSoC too! So I was thinking if anyone is willing
to mentor for the project? I've already developed for a bunch of different
VMs (Sun, phoneME, Squawk) and in my research I'm messing around with
ClassLoaders, JNI on phoneME and Squawk.

Thanks in advance,
Marcos Roriz

--
Marcos Roriz
Bacharelando em Ciência da Computação

E-mail: marcosrorizinf@gmail.com
Home Page:http://marcosroriz.wordpress.com

Re: [general] Google Summer of Code

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <a5...@mail.gmail.com>,
Marcos Roriz writes:

> Done, I sended the forms filled.
>
> I checked out the code and now I'll try to familiarize with the code,
> any tip, for where should I start to look for the "jdktools" general
> stuff? I've started looking in the samsa "launcher".

For the record, I had a chat to Marcos last night on IRC and suggested
that he take a look at implementing the 'serialver' jdk tool[0] and
create a JIRA/patch.

Regards,
-Mark

[0] Just the command line interface - ignoring the -show GUI for now.

Re: [general] Google Summer of Code

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
On 26/03/2010 00:51, Marcos Roriz wrote:
> I'm with some questions can I implement the gui part as swing rather than
> awt? ??

I'm sure that's fine - not sure if Mark has any comments here?

> Also I was thinking about the jdktools and javadoc. Would be better to make
> a simple parser o make or build a language identifier (compilers - flex ~
> byacc)???

I think it depends on what you believe you can achieve in the time of
the project. Spend a little time thinking about the development stages
of the tool and how much time each part would take you. Do you think
writing something more complex than a basic parser is feasible in the
time frame? If you do, then put your rough plan in the proposal to show
what you intend to do and how you will accomplish it. In your proposal
you can always can specify your main goals (what you will definitely
achieve to fulfill the aim of the project) and then some extensions
(nice to have additions if you have time) if you are not sure you will
have time to implement all of the extra functionality you can think of.

Regards,
Oliver

> 2010/3/16 Marcos Roriz<ma...@gmail.com>
>

>> Guys,
>> Jira is so cool. Here's the bug -->
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6476
>>
>> I'll be implementing the -show part this week ;D.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Marcos Roriz
>>
>> 2010/3/16 Mark Hindess<ma...@googlemail.com>

>>> boundary=0016e6d7e872c90ca50481e1d73e

>>> Marcos,
>>>
>>> Excellent.  Thanks.
>>>
>>> You are correct.  There isn't a JIRA but you should create one and
>>> attach the patch to it.  Go to the Harmony web site, then click:
>>>
>>>   Bug Tracker
>>>   Signup
>>>   Create new issue
>>>
>>> When you attach a patch make sure you click the check box for granting
>>> license for ASF usage.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>   Mark.
>>>

>> --
>> Marcos Roriz
>> Bacharelando em Ciência da Computação
>> Universidade Federal de Goiás
>>
>> E-mail: marcosrorizinf@gmail.com
>> Home Page:http://marcosroriz.wordpress.com

--
Oliver Deakin
Unless stated otherwise above:

Re: [general] Google Summer of Code

Posted by Marcos Roriz <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcos Roriz <ma...@gmail.com>.
Guys,
Jira is so cool. Here's the bug -->

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Marcos Roriz <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello guys,

2010/3/12 Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>

> In message <a5...@mail.gmail.com>,
> Marcos Roriz writes:
> >
> > Done, I sended the forms filled.
> >
> > I checked out the code and now I'll try to familiarize with the code,
> > any tip, for where should I start to look for the "jdktools" general
> > stuff? I've started looking in the samsa "launcher".
>
> For the record, I had a chat to Marcos last night on IRC and suggested
> that he take a look at implementing the 'serialver' jdk tool[0] and
> create a JIRA/patch.
>
> Regards,
> -Mark
>
> [0] Just the command line interface - ignoring the -show GUI for now.

--
Marcos Roriz
Bacharelando em Ci�ncia da Computa��o
Universidade Federal de Goi�s