Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Brylie Oxley <br...@nten.org> on 2013/11/08 18:01:43 UTC

Add and respond to tickets via email

Hi all,
We are setting up a Helpdesk/documentation management solution. In order to
encourage staff acceptance, this tool should require very little of staff. We
would like for staff to be able to file a helpdesk ticket by sending an email,
and have the helpdesk personnel use the helpdesk tool to organize and respond
to tickets. Staff are already familiar with, and frequently using, their email
tools, so this is a natural connection.

How can we use Bloodhound to support operations and helpdesk staff to
communicate efficiently, using familiar tools such as IMAP, GMail, iMail,
Thunderbird, Outlook, etc?
--
Brylie Oxley
Data and Systems Coordinator

It's that time again! Register now <http://www.nten.org/ntc> for the 2014
NTC in Washington DC, March 13-15. Early bird rates end Dec. 13, save $300
on your #14NTC registration by joining or renewing your NTEN
membership<http://www.nten.org/join>.

1020 SW Taylor, #800
Portland, OR 97205

Phone: 1-415-397-9000
Fax: 1-415-814-4056

NTEN is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization.

Re: Add and respond to tickets via email

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
On 12/11/13 09:42, Bas van der Vlies wrote:

>> I am happy to start with providing the means to get the product passed in and used to start with. I am also happy to try to work with the maintainer to improve the things beyond that if required though.
>>
>> Gary
>
>   I am the maintainer of email2trac and i am always open to improvements and suggestions. Currently i am in the process of harding email2trac. So that each ticket get its own replyto address.  email2trac can handle this and there is a patch for the AnnouncerPlugin:
>     * https://oss.trac.surfsara.nl/email2trac/ticket/297
>     * https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/10044

Hi Bas,

That all sounds good. I was going to send a patch last night but I got
distracted. Instead I have added a little more detection of bloodhound
in the hope that it adds a bit of safety. This may have been overkill!
Anyway, just raised https://oss.trac.sara.nl/email2trac/ticket/331 and
added the patch.

As I have not looked directly at the MTA side, I am not sure of the
easiest ways for the bloodhound product to be specified. Adding the
ability to set the product in the email2trac.conf may be useful for some
installations but others may prefer not to have to add new sections to
support new products. I have also not attempted to get any new ticket
syntax recognised yet.

Cheers,
     Gary

Re: Add and respond to tickets via email

Posted by Bas van der Vlies <ba...@surfsara.nl>.

> I am happy to start with providing the means to get the product passed in and used to start with. I am also happy to try to work with the maintainer to improve the things beyond that if required though.

Gary,

 I am the maintainer of email2trac and i am always open to improvements and suggestions. Currently i am in the process of harding email2trac. So that each ticket get its own replyto address.  email2trac can handle this and there is a patch for the AnnouncerPlugin:
   * https://oss.trac.surfsara.nl/email2trac/ticket/297
   * https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/10044

regards

---
SURFsara has a new telephone number: +31 20 800 1300.

Bas van der Vlies
| T +31 (0) 20 800 1300  | bas.vandervlies@surfsara.nl | www.surfsara.nl |

Re: Add and respond to tickets via email

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.

Olemis - @olemislc

Re: Add and respond to tickets via email

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.