Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/29 14:07:19 UTC

OK to make temporary change to whimsy LDAP records?

Would it be OK if I add my testsebb alias to the member and/or owner attributes?

i.e. under
cn=whimsy,ou=project,ou=groups,dc=apache,dc=org

This would be useful for some tests I have in mind.
I would remove the id once testing is complete.

S.

Re: OK to make temporary change to whimsy LDAP records?

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
+1

- Sam Ruby

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 29 June 2017 at 22:15, Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
> sebb wrote on 6/29/17 10:07 AM:
>> Would it be OK if I add my testsebb alias to the member and/or owner attributes?
>>
>> i.e. under
>> cn=whimsy,ou=project,ou=groups,dc=apache,dc=org
>>
>> This would be useful for some tests I have in mind.
>> I would remove the id once testing is complete.
>>

>> S.
>
> Sure - As long as there's no risk from the infra perspective; i.e.
> there's no way this alias ID could somehow commit code to some repo
> (except, I suppose, to the whimsy repo, that you'd annotate who the
> actual author was).

I don't intend to run any code that does a commit, but the id belongs
to me (and has my details).
So I hope it would be obvious who the author is without needing to add
a comment.

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.