Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ca...@nc.rr.com on 2007/06/21 19:57:19 UTC

Setup SA to use MySQL DB

We have a small office (under 10 people) and use SA 3.1.0. We only use
SA with spamd (no options). Just SA and hula (i think it is a netmail
product) mail server running on SLES9.
I have been tasked with making SA use our MySQL DB. Now, we have been
using SA in a site-wide config for sometime now. I am following
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/UsingSQL
When i get to Testing your Setup section, this follows:
make sure spamd is running with the -q flag and that your SQL
preferences are correct in your local.cf. I think i can handle running
spamd with the -q option (stop spamd and then start it with -q). If i
have a script starting spamd, what do i modify in that script to always
start spamd with -q? Attached is the spamd script. Another question is
what are the SQL config for the SQL preferences in your local.cf? I
don't see that.

Chris