Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by ICANN Global Support Center <gl...@icann.org> on 2017/12/05 16:33:05 UTC

Re: Universal Acceptance Outreach: jl@decorum.link New gTLD email addresses are spammed [ ref:_00D61 [ ref:_00D616tJk._50061FvoUR:ref ]

Dear Kevin A. McGrail,

Thank you for your rapid feedback and detailed explanation.

We have been informed that the email address is spammed despite the fact that it was whitelisted. Therefore, the reporter pointed the Spam Assassin for fixing the issue. I will forward your response back to the reporter an their IT persons.

I apologize for any inconvenience for this matter. However, your feedback has been very helpful.

With regard to your concern with some specific TLDs, I believe the following link about Domain Abuse Activity Reporting might be useful: https://www.icann.org/octo-ssr/daar

According to Oct 2017 report, There are less Spam domains under New gTLDs than Legacy TLDs.
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/presentation-daar-31oct17-en.pdf

You may also contact the respective Registry Operator directly or contact the Abuse contact of the Registrar of the record.

You may want to contact the domain name's web hosting provider (If the website is using CloudFlare (it is shown on the nameserver in the WHOIS information), please submit the Cloudflare abuse form: https://www.cloudflare.com/abuse/form)

Please note, the 2013 Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA) requires ICANN-accredited registrars to provide abuse contact information, take steps to investigate reports and respond appropriately to any reports of abuse.

The full abuse contact requirements can be found in Section 3.18 of the 2013 RAA at: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en#3.18.

For more information about Registrar Abuse Reports and the type of reports, please see: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/abuse-2014-01-29-en.

You are probably aware, but just in case you might need I am also including some useful information about stopping SPAMs.

Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO)
The Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) is a register of spam senders and spam services that have been thrown off Internet Service Providers 3 times or more in connection with spamming or providing spam services, and are therefore repeat offenders. Spamhaus believes that these known determined professional spam operations are responsible for approximately 80% of spam on the Internet.
The ROKSO database collates information and evidence on each spam operation to assist ISP Abuse Desks and Law Enforcement Agencies.

The ROKSO List - https://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/
Consumer Protection on SPAM - https://www.spamhaus.org/consumer/
ROKSO FAQ - https://www.spamhaus.org/faq/section/ROKSO%20FAQ
M3AAWG: Messaging Malware and Mobile Anti-Abuse Working Group
The Messaging, Malware and Mobile Anti-Abuse Working Group (M3AAWG) is where the industry comes together to work against botnets, malware, spam, viruses, DoS attacks and other online exploitation. M3AAWG is the largest global industry association, with more than 200 members worldwide, bringing together all the stakeholders in the online community in a confidential, open forum, and it develops cooperative approaches for fighting online abuse.
Consumer Information - https://www.m3aawg.org/consumer-information
Best Practices including Using Generic Top Level Domain Registration Information (WHOIS Data) in Anti-Abuse Operations - https://www.m3aawg.org/published-documents

I hope this information is of assistance to you. For now, I will close this case. However, if you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Seda Akbulut
Lead Global Support Analyst
ICANN Global Support Team

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com>.
Thank you, Seda.  It's a bit of a choir here to be preaching but it's
good info for the archives.  If there is anything we can do of help
related to our code, you know where to find me.

Regards,
KAM