Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/17 06:02:38 UTC

[all] Commons SCXML, beyond the first promotion vote

Based on Martin's (mvdb) veto against the recent promotion vote for
Commons SCXML, it is obvious that lack of Commons' developers'
interest (other than mine) for this component bothered some of us. In
that light, Tim's interest towards an SCXML release indicated in his
recent posts (pending his numerous useful suggestions) was necessary,
and IMO, is sufficient to keep this component moving forward. The next
steps will be:

 * Resolving issues recently raised in bugzilla, on the mailing list
and addressing the questions asked on the wiki FAQ page
 * Allowing a reasonable amount of time for anyone interested in
forming a well-informed opinion to do so
 * Calling another promotion vote

Unless someone replies to this thread claiming otherwise, I will
assume there are no glaring holes in my understanding here.

-Rahul

Re: [all] Commons SCXML, beyond the first promotion vote

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On 1/17/06, Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net> wrote:
>
>>Tip : make some noise about your component, to get more attention and users Eg write in javalobby or
>>an article on developerworks or something ?
>
> <snip/>
>
> Its all pure signal, no noise ;-) An article is a decent idea, though
> what is needed to post there? Do you have any experience with either?

For developerworks : http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library-combined/i-dwauthors/
and for javalobby and the serverside just create an account and submit something afaik..

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: [all] Commons SCXML, beyond the first promotion vote

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 1/17/06, Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net> wrote:
> Tip : make some noise about your component, to get more attention and users Eg write in javalobby or
> an article on developerworks or something ?
<snip/>

Its all pure signal, no noise ;-) An article is a decent idea, though
what is needed to post there? Do you have any experience with either?

> I'll keep monitoring scxml :)

<snap/>

Sounds good, an extra pair of eyes is always useful.

-Rahul

> Mvgr,
> Martin

<snip/>

Re: [all] Commons SCXML, beyond the first promotion vote

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.