Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> on 2016/07/22 09:16:50 UTC

Re: Can not load hive table in Kylin

Today in a customer's env, I encountered this problem; His environment
looks good: bin/find-hive-dependency.sh can identify the jars correctly;
but after Kylin start up, still got the ClassNotFound error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState

at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1720)

at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1571)

at
org.apache.kylin.rest.controller.TableController.showHiveDatabases(TableController.java:301)

Finally identified the root case is in hbase-env.sh; in which the customer
overwrited the "HBASE_CLASSPATH" variable, like:

export HBASE_CLASSPATH=/home/hadoop/hbase/conf

This is bad as it overwrites the variable totally, while Kylin depends on
it to tell JVM which jars need be on classpath. After changing it to:

export HBASE_CLASSPATH=/home/hadoop/hbase/conf:${HBASE_CLASSPATH}

Kylin can run well without the ClassNotFound error anymore.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi