Posted to user@struts.apache.org by robin bajaj <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/21 15:40:53 UTC

session maintenance in struts webapp

Hi Folks,
In my Struts 1.2.x based webapp, I intend to maintain a session for
every logged in user.
-- More details --
Say after 'n' seconds of inactivity I want to pop up a message
saying the session will expire in another 'm' seconds. The user can
click on 'refresh' button to get some more grace time else the session
will expire and the next time user tries to do something on the page, he
gets redirected to the 'login' page with a message - 'your last session
has expired, please login again'

I have already implemented SSL using SSLext tag-library (release 0 for
Struts 1.2.x) in my webApp. Can it help me in this case,

What other alternatives can I consider in this case,
Any tips/ideas will be much appreciated,
Regards,
robin