Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2012/11/30 02:08:18 UTC

[VOTE] Avro release 1.7.3 (rc0)

I have created a candidate build for Avro release 1.7.3.

Changes are listed at:

  http://s.apache.org/avro173notes

Please download the sources, check them, and vote.

  http://people.apache.org/~cutting/avro-1.7.3-rc0/

The Maven staging repository is at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-099/

Thanks in advance for voting!

Doug

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.3 (rc0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:33 AM, Tom White <to...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> mvn clean -P dist,sign deploy -DskipTests=true -Dhadoop.version=2
> -Dgpg.passphrase=XXX -Davro.version=1.7.3
> mvn clean -P dist,sign deploy -DskipTests=true -Dgpg.passphrase=XXX
> -Davro.version=1.7.3

I updated Avro's "How to Release" page with these instructions.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AVRO/How+To+Release

I'm going to roll another RC soon and will follow these modified
instructions then.

Doug

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.3 (rc0)

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
Doug,

Thanks for rolling a release.

AVRO-1170 introduced a new variant of avro-mapred which works with
Hadoop 2. At the time I didn't update the release instructions to
build this new artifact, so it is not in the staging repository you
created. As an experiment, I just tried to deploy to a Nexus staging
repository myself with the commands:

mvn clean -P dist,sign deploy -DskipTests=true -Dhadoop.version=2
-Dgpg.passphrase=XXX -Davro.version=1.7.3
mvn clean -P dist,sign deploy -DskipTests=true -Dgpg.passphrase=XXX
-Davro.version=1.7.3

(The order is important since the artifacts without a classifier, e.g.
avro-mapred-1.7.3.jar, should be Hadoop 1 artifacts, so we run the
Hadoop 1 command second so it overwrites ones created without a
classifier during the Hadoop 2 run. We also need a 'clean' in order to
recompile.)

This seems to work - note the JARs with hadoop1 and hadoop2
classifiers in https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-101/org/apache/avro/avro-mapred/1.7.3/.

Would you be able to republish the Maven artifacts using the commands
above? I'll update the release instructions.

Thanks,
Tom

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.3 (rc0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Thanks for reviewing and committing these, Bruce.  I'll roll another
RC that includes them.

I also fixed the projected release date in CHANGES.txt.  Thanks for
catching that.

Doug

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:58 AM, Bruce Mitchener

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.3 (rc0)

Posted by Bruce Mitchener <br...@gmail.com>.