Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by yeshwanth kumar <ye...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/12 13:16:25 UTC

Error: (state=08000,code=101) while indexing

hi i am running a single node hortonworks HDP2.1

i have 150Million rows in a table, while indexing the table on a column, it
is giving the error

0: jdbc:phoenix:localhost:/hbase-unsecure> CREATE INDEX INDEX_MONTHS ON
MONTHS_DATA  (VCOUNT);
Error:  (state=08000,code=101)

i increased the phoenix keepalive and querytimeout to 1hr

anypointers how to overcome this issue?

in regionserver logs i see this exception,

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException:
INDEX_MONTHS,\x80\x00\x80\x00\x00\x00\x00\x0F\xB1\x0D03/3,1407840676629.0158a3bd2e191361e2950ae3eb0
a9016. is closing
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.startRegionOperation(HRegion.java:5742)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.startRegionOperation(HRegion.java:5706)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.getRowLock(HRegion.java:3438)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.doMiniBatchMutation(HRegion.java:2323)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.batchMutate(HRegion.java:2190)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.batchMutate(HRegion.java:2142)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.batchMutate(HRegion.java:2146)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.doBatchOp(HRegionServer.java:4240)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.doNonAtomicRegionMutation(HRegionServer.java:3463)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.multi(HRegionServer.java:3367)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$ClientService$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientProtos.java:28867)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2008)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:92)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SimpleRpcScheduler.consumerLoop(SimpleRpcScheduler.java:160)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SimpleRpcScheduler.access$000(SimpleRpcScheduler.java:38)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SimpleRpcScheduler$1.run(SimpleRpcScheduler.java:110)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

thanks,
yeshwanth

Re: Error: (state=08000,code=101) while indexing

Posted by Jeffrey Zhong <jz...@hortonworks.com>.
Are you asking ³alter index with rebuild option²? it will drop existing
index data & rebuild index from beginning.

-Jeffrey

From:  yeshwanth kumar <ye...@gmail.com>
Date:  Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 11:07 PM
To:  <us...@phoenix.apache.org>
Subject:  Fwd: Error: (state=08000,code=101) while indexing

hi Jeffrey,

just want to know whether the indexing will start from initial state or will
it be resumed from the last checkpoint.

thanks,
yeshwanth

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Error: (state=08000,code=101) while indexing

Posted by yeshwanth kumar <ye...@gmail.com>.
the problem is with region splitting on the index table,

2014-08-14 10:07:50,654 WARN  [RpcServer.handler=35,port=60020]
regionserver.HRegion: Failed getting lock in batch put,
row=\x80\x00\x80\x00\x00\x00\x
00\x0B\xAE201/23/2013 12:00:00 AM\x80\x00\x00\x03

is there any way i can presplit the index table, or any configuration
property in hbase can fix this issue.

thanks,
yeshwanth

Fwd: Error: (state=08000,code=101) while indexing

Posted by Jeffrey Zhong <jz...@hortonworks.com>.
Hey Yeshwanth,

There are two ways to get out of this state is 1) using alter index
statement with rebuild option to rebuild index2) (hack way) use hbase client
to update index_state to OEa¹ so that the index can be used for queries. In
the meantime, I will file a JIRA to log more errors in client side to have
more info in these situations.

Thanks,
-Jeffrey

From:  yeshwanth kumar <ye...@gmail.com>
Date:  Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 10:28 PM
To:  <us...@phoenix.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Error: (state=08000,code=101) while indexing

hi Jeffrey,

 \x00\x00INDEX_MONTHS column=0:INDEX_STATE, timestamp=1407840409969, value=b

i found this in phoenix system table.

how is it going to affect the index,
is there any way we can resume indexing after some failures,

-yeshwanth

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Error: (state=08000,code=101) while indexing

Posted by yeshwanth kumar <ye...@gmail.com>.
hi Jeffrey,

From:  yeshwanth kumar <ye...@gmail.com>
Date:  Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 2:32 PM
To:  <us...@phoenix.apache.org>

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Error: (state=08000,code=101) while indexing

Posted by yeshwanth kumar <ye...@gmail.com>.
hi Jeffrey,