Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/23 12:19:24 UTC

Re: Interpreter maintenance

I plan to remove scalding interpreter. Recently it causes CI fail because
the dependency can not be downloaded (dependency is in twitter repository)
And scalding interpreter is still based on scala 2.10, while the latest
scalding is in 2.12 and 2.11 (not 2.10 supported)
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.twitter/scalding-core

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: Interpreter maintenance

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@apache.org>.
This issue is intermittent but is not currently happening - see https://github.com/twitter/hadoop-lzo/issues/148 for context.

Posted by Peter Lee <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi Jeff,

Posted by Philipp Dallig <ph...@gmail.com>.
+1 for removing

The last release is from 2017, but the repository seems active.
https://github.com/twitter/scalding/commits/develop

Perhaps an update to a newer Scalding version that supports Scala 2.12
or 2.11 will fit our needs.

I would like it if we don't need the Twitter repository anymore.