Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Sg <ge...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/03 11:16:34 UTC

Spam content checker

Hi,,

     How to find score for content checker(validator) perl or php.?

--
Sg

Re: Spam content checker

Posted by Kevin Parris <KP...@ed.sc.gov>.
Maybe this is overstating the excruciatingly obvious, but why don't you just compose the email you anticipate sending, and SEND IT to yourself so that it comes into your email box by way of your SpamAssassin with score report headers added, and take a peek at that result?  Or if you're working with some mass-mail service, subscribe yourself to a "test list" and distribute your anticipated message via that and see how it looks when it arrives?

>>> Sg <ge...@gmail.com> 01/09/08 12:05 AM >>>
Hi
      Thanks for your reply. How to find the email body content(no header) spam value using any API (php, perl, python)?

Thanks
Sg

Re: [Sare-users] Spam content checker

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> Sg wrote:
>> Hi
>>       Thanks for your reply. How to find the email body content(no
>> header) spam value using any API (php, perl, python)?

> Using SpamAssassin, you pretty much don't.
>
> SpamAssassin very fundamentally expects to be working on email. I don't
> think you can get around that without a significant rewrite of the code.

The simplest thing would probably be to put a standaed "fake" header on the
front of the web page to make it look like an email message when passed to
SA.  You could do this as simply as concatenating a small text file with the
web page body into a temp file and then running spamassassin or spamc or
spamd on that temp file and observing the result.

You could accomplish much the same thing using the Perl interface, supplying
stock text for the mail header.

        Loren

Re: [Sare-users] Spam content checker

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Sg <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Sg <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Sg <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Jan 4, 2008 2:13 PM, Gareth <li...@linguaphone.com> wrote:

> Have a look at a piece of software called 'Mail Them Pro'. Its what we
> use for sending newsletters and it is windows software which has an
> option to run the mail through spamassassin and display the report.
> http://www.kadmy.com/bulkemail.html
>

> On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 05:32, Sg wrote:
> > Hi,
> >        Thanks for your reply. In my project I am going to send
> > newsletters to our clients. Here I need to validate my
> > newsletter(content) using some API(perl,  php or python). Also  I need
> > to show the content's Spam score.
> >
> > On Jan 3, 2008 9:50 PM, John D. Hardin <jh...@impsec.org> wrote:
> >         On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, Sg wrote:
> >
> >         > Hi,,
> >         >
> >         >      How to find score for content checker(validator) perl
> >         or php.?
> >

> >         You're going to have to reword that question, and provide more
> >         details
> >         (like, what are you trying to do) before anyone will be able
> >         provide a helpful answer.
> >
> >         --
> >          John Hardin KA7OHZ
> >         http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/<http://www.impsec.org/%7Ejhardin/>
> >          jhardin@impsec.org    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a
> >         jhardin@impsec.org
> >          key: 0xB8732E79 -- 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6
> >         B873 2E79

> >          Users mistake widespread adoption of Microsoft Office as the
> >          development of a standard document format.

> >          14 days until Benjamin Franklin's 302nd Birthday
> >

> > --
> > Sg

Sg

Re: Spam content checker

Posted by Sg <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Spam content checker

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 08:20 AM 1/3/2008, John D. Hardin wrote:

>You're going to have to reword that question, and provide more details
>(like, what are you trying to do) before anyone will be able to
>provide a helpful answer.

Best of luck. Looks like SG has asked about a dozen or so vague
questions, people have asked for clarification, and I have yet to see
a response.....

Re: Spam content checker

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.