Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/01 15:43:47 UTC

Unless anyone on this list wants to vote otherwise, I'm going to close the
above as 'won't fix'. It just seems like a bottomless pit to me, but I'm
perhaps not looking at it the right way.

Re: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1891

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Sun November 1 2009 9:43:47 am Benson Margulies wrote:
> Unless anyone on this list wants to vote otherwise, I'm going to close the
> above as 'won't fix'. It just seems like a bottomless pit to me, but I'm
> perhaps not looking at it the right way.

+0.5   -   I REALLY don't see this changing as it would require HUGE amount of
changes.

The ONLY way I could see this working at all is to extend the new @DataBinding
Annotation to allow it to be placed on a Method to allow the databinding for
that operation  to be different than the default.   Where we grab the
databinging (AbstractDatabindingIn/OutInterceptor) would look at the
BindingOperationInfo first, if there, use it.   Otherwise, use the default for
the service as today.    The "setup/init" code would be a bit more
complicated.  Java -> WSDL/js would be a nightmare.  Would need to collect
schemas from multiple databindings, probably merge them together, resolve
conflicts, etc...   Yuck.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org