Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Dominique Devienne <DD...@lgc.com> on 2005/01/17 21:42:14 UTC

Ant 1.6 branch + JDK 1.5 + win2K test failure

I just updated, bootstrapped, and ran the test suite, and got this:

    [junit] Testcase:
testClosure(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.depend.DependTest):
FAILED
    [junit] Depend did not leave correct number of files expected:<2>
but was:<1>
    [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Depend did not leave
correct number of files expected:<2>
but was:<1>
    [junit]     at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
    [junit]     at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:282)
    [junit]     at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:64)
    [junit]     at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:201)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.depend.DependTest.testClosure(Dep
endTest.java:76)

Is there something obviously stupid I did? --DD

Re: Ant 1.6 branch + JDK 1.5 + win2K test failure

Posted by "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A....@mdl.com>.
Today is the first day after some time when all tests went through. I am
using XP and no third party jars.

- Alexey.

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@apache.org>.
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have not been committing a lot lately, but if we want to release a
> 1.6.3 soon I can take care of preparing a beta ?

Yes, I think we need a 1.6.3.
It has been a while since 1.6.2 and there is stuff in 1.7 that needs
a little bit more work.

The problem would be in correctly merging in any extra fixes needed.

> I was wondering whether we would like the fix for the bug 25777
> (Cannot pass composite path reference...) to be merged in the 1.6
> branch ?

I think that this should be ok.

> Thanks to Peter for having committed this change (and so much other
> good stuff).

*** blush *** :-[

Peter

Posted by Martijn Kruithof <jm...@kruithof.xs4all.nl>.
Hi

All testcases an ant 1.6 head passed on XP with 1.2.2_017 / 1.3.1_13 /
1.4.2_06 and 1.5.0.

JavaTest didn't pass the first time on 1.4.2 and 1.5.0 but that is a
problem I face regularly (didn't investigate why this problem occurs
intermittently)

Kind Regards, Martijn

Re: Ant 1.6 branch + JDK 1.5 + win2K test failure

Posted by Martijn Kruithof <jm...@kruithof.xs4all.nl>.
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have not been committing a lot lately, but if we want to release a
> 1.6.3 soon I can take care of preparing a beta ?
>
> I was wondering whether we would like the fix for the bug 25777
> (Cannot pass composite path reference...) to be merged in the 1.6
> branch ?
>
> Thanks to Peter for having committed this change (and so much other
> good stuff).
>
> Cheers, :-)
>
> Antoine
>
>> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>>> DependTest used to fail on HEAD as well (JDK 1.5 only), Conor fixed it
>>> a while ago (but didn't merge the change to the 1.6 branch).

I am currently running the test with Conors fix (is a problem on XP as
well). (including the fix compile issues on jikes in this testcase of
stefan)

Martijn

Re: Ant 1.6 branch + JDK 1.5 + win2K test failure

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Dominique Devienne <DD...@lgc.com> wrote:

> I just updated, bootstrapped, and ran the test suite, and got this:

DependTest used to fail on HEAD as well (JDK 1.5 only), Conor fixed it
a while ago (but didn't merge the change to the 1.6 branch).

Stefan