Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Benoît Segaert <be...@uniway.be> on 2003/10/21 09:42:08 UTC

Presentation of the errors in the bottom of a page

I am working on a page with a FORM in the end of the page
(In the top description and in the bottom a booking form)
The design is proposed by the client and I cann't change it.

When I have an error, I want to display it in the top of the FORM table.

But if I do that the client does not see directly the error
and does not know why the booking is not accepted
because the error is not visible and the user must scroll to see it.

Is it possible to place a bookmark in my page like
    <a name="error"><html:error/></a>
and come back from validate to this bookmark?
Then, the error description should be visible and the URL should be like
this:
    http://mydomain/myApp/something.do#error

Can you help me?

Benoit

Re: Presentation of the errors in the bottom of a page

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <go...@yahoo.com>.
Benoit,

It might be interesting for you to put more than one
occurence of <html:errors/>.

One at the top of the page and one at the bottom. The
same messages will appear twice and your user is sure
to get the point.

Phil