Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Shirley Cohen <sc...@cs.utexas.edu> on 2008/09/04 19:06:56 UTC

no output from job run on cluster

Hi,

I'm running on hadoop-0.18.0. I have a m-r job that executes
correctly in standalone mode. However, when run on a cluster, the
same job produces zero output. It is very bizarre. I looked in the
logs and couldn't find anything unusual. All I see are the usual
deprecated filesystem name warnings. Has this ever happened to
anyone? Do you have any suggestions on how I might go about
diagnosing the problem?

Thanks,

Shirley

Re: no output from job run on cluster

Posted by Shirley Cohen <sc...@cs.utexas.edu>.
Hi!

I meant to reply a few days ago when I found the problem, but forgot
to do so until now :))

The problem was that the settings for fs.default.name and
mapred.job.tracker in hadoop-site.xml were using the DNS name of the
master server. When I changed the value from the DNS name to the IP
address of the master server, I started seeing some output. I'm not
sure why the DNS name wasn't able to be resolved... I wasn't seeing
this problem with hadoop 16.1. Also, nothing about this problem was
written to the logs which is why it took so long to find it!

Shirley

Posted by 叶双明 <ye...@gmail.com>.

--
Sorry for my englist!! 明