Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/20 15:18:35 UTC

Using scala-2.11 when making changes to spark source

The dev/change-scala-version.sh [2.11]  script modifies in-place  the
pom.xml files across all of the modules.  This is a git-visible change.  So
if we wish to make changes to spark source in our own fork's - while
developing with scala 2.11 - we would end up conflating those updates with
our own.

A possible scenario would be to update .gitignore - by adding pom.xml.
However I can not get that to work: .gitignore is tricky.

Suggestions appreciated.

Re: Using scala-2.11 when making changes to spark source

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.
The effects of changing the pom.xml extend beyond cases in which we wish to
modify spark itself. In addition when git pull'ing from trunk we need to
either stash or roll back the changes before rebase'ing.

An effort to look into a better solution (possibly including evaluating Ted
Yu's suggested approach) might be considered?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.