Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/17 16:04:41 UTC

[QUESTION] distributed router and VPC routers

H Murali,

I saw you checked in a lot of things in a branch called
distrubutedrouter. As I happen to know Karl Harris at sunguard is busy
at VPC RVRs.
Can you tell me how this is related?
And if we can somehow bundle resources for this?

thanks
--
Daan

Re: [QUESTION] distributed router and VPC routers

Posted by Murali Reddy <Mu...@citrix.com>.
On 17/03/14 8:34 PM, "Daan Hoogland" <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

>H Murali,
>
>I saw you checked in a lot of things in a branch called
>distrubutedrouter. As I happen to know Karl Harris at sunguard is busy
>at VPC RVRs.
>Can you tell me how this is related?

Daan,

They are not related. Having a redundent VPC VR avoids VPC VR being single
point of failure. What I am doing is to offload the functionalities
provided by the VPC VR to vSwitch'es on the hypervisors. For 4.4 both
inter-tier routing and network ACL's in VPC can be performed directly on
the hypervisors.

Thanks,
Murali