Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by prabhu K <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/13 13:37:29 UTC

Connecting to HDFS

Hi Users,

How can i verify whether i can able connecting to *hdfs://<IP>:<portno>/<hdfs
directory>*

is having any command to check whether I'm able to connect  hdfs?

Thanks,
Prabhu.

Re: Connecting to HDFS

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
sorry hit send too soon ...

you can also verify connection to hdfs simply with a telnet check

telnet hdfs port
this will that your machine can connect to hdfs or not

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Connecting to HDFS

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.