Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar" <uh...@fantomas.sk> on 2002/07/10 19:06:11 UTC

Re: [Apache] script alias

-> How do I make a script alias so that I can do this:
->
-> pull up mydomain.com/script.cgi
-> when its actually located
-> in mydomain.com/cgi-bin/script.cgi

why?

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 LSD will make your ECS screen display 16.7 million colors

Re: [Apache] script alias

Posted by "Korey G." <ko...@awpg.com>.
One major advantage is that
"..mod_rewrite is voodoo. Damned cool voodoo, but still voodoo.."
-Brian Moore

Re: [Apache] script alias

Posted by "Korey G." <ko...@awpg.com>.
I take it back,
  Apache wont allow script processing through sim links,
-Security Concerns
--Snip--

         It is also possible, in very rare conditions, for this to
         to be used to bypass htaccess files restricting access to
         a directory or file.  The only case where this can happen
         is if the attacker can form a request that results in the
         full path to the htaccess file being too long (on most
         systems, meaning over 1024 characters) yet the request for
         the protected file in the same directory is not too long.
         The only normal case where such an attack could be possible
         is if there is a symbolic link such as "somedir -> ."
         created in the document tree.
-- http://httpd.apache.org/info/security_bulletin_1.2.5.html
--Snip--

Re: [Apache] script alias