Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Ruby <st...@rubysolutions.com> on 2000/10/04 21:44:09 UTC

Re: does anyone else have a memory leak problem with java.exe on NT and servlets?

Thomas Hagedorn wrote:

I have two instances of tomcat and one instance of Jserv running
on the same NT box (3 instances of java.exe)
they are never restarted unless the machine is
(they are regularly up for 20-30 days (whenever power goes out
or NT crashes)) And durring that time they never bloat memory or
stop serving requests.. I'm running SUN JDK 1.2 on that box and
1.2.2 on another that also runs tomcat for more than 8 days
at a time.

Are you sure you aren't adding to a cache that you never flush
or something?

Posted by Jakob Hummes <hu...@castify.net>.
[a lot of stuff about potentail memory leaks under NT deleted]

Do you close all staements, result sets, connections *explicitely*?  If
not, I assume it's a JDBC driver "feature".

Regards,
- Jakob