Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Koushik Das <ko...@citrix.com> on 2013/10/01 07:46:45 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] Service monitoring tool in virtual router

This is a very useful feature. Can this be extended to the other system VMs? SSVM and CPVM

Based on the discussion I see that there is an assumption that restarting services/rebooting should fix the issues. Is that always true? What if the service fails to restart after repeated attempts? What is the fallback?

-Koushik

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
The current scope is limited to VR.
If a service fails to restart after certain cycles then monit will timeout, log the event. In this case admin has to interfere, solve the issue in the service and add it to monit again.

Thanks,
Jayapal