Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Scott Sanders <ss...@nextance.com> on 2002/01/31 21:30:06 UTC

[VOTE] New committer - Paulo Gaspar

Alright,

Paulo has a big enough mouth, and he knows where all the good code is,
can I have some +1's to get him in to make io, util, codec, threading,
etc. happen.  He was a huge help on logging, and other discussions that
I cannot remember.  He has quite an intimate knowledge of a lot of
apache code (Avalon, Tomcat, etc), and I think he would be a great
addition to the team.

+1 here.

Scott Sanders

Re: [VOTE] New committer - Paulo Gaspar

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
+1

James

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
+1

- robert

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 1/31/02 3:30 PM, "Scott Sanders" <ss...@nextance.com> wrote:

> Alright,
>
> Paulo has a big enough mouth, and he knows where all the good code is,
> can I have some +1's to get him in to make io, util, codec, threading,
> etc. happen.  He was a huge help on logging, and other discussions that
> I cannot remember.  He has quite an intimate knowledge of a lot of
> apache code (Avalon, Tomcat, etc), and I think he would be a great
> addition to the team.

+1 here.  Now he can show us his logging stuff :)

System and Software Consulting
"Now what do we do?"

RE: [VOTE] New committer - Paulo Gaspar

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
+1 of course, he has a big mouth  ;-) in
avalon, too!

  Gerhard

That must be wonderful! I don't understand it at all.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
+1

I think the idea is let you commit more code, and spend less time
lobbying (so you can in turn commit more code, or at least more time
working).

Typically, committers are nominated along with a new package, but I
don't see this as a requirement.

I don't see that we could give a developer access to the sandbox, but
the Commons Proper is a subproject like any other, and can elect
whatever committer it likes.

Paulo Gaspar wrote:

> This one got me by surprise. I thought I would have to contribute
> more than the couple of patches I did before.
>
> Anyway, everything is upside down:
>  - I am being nominated committer at the commons without being
>    committer elsewhere...;
>  - ...and my direct chief just gave informal authorization to
>    contribute my common code AFTER I told him (via Instant
>    Messaging) I was being voted.
>
> Now, I am not bribing you: I think the authorization sticks even
> if I end up getting a negative vote.
>
> I also think that the reason he gave me that authorization has
> more to do with a small demo he finally got today. Maybe before
> he was wondering if all these mailing lists weren't just
> consuming my time. (Strange ideas he has!)
> =;o)
>
> Have fun,
> Paulo Gaspar

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/

RE: [VOTE] New committer - Paulo Gaspar

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
> > I also think that the reason he gave me that authorization has
> > more to do with a small demo he finally got today. Maybe before
> > he was wondering if all these mailing lists weren't just
> > consuming my time. (Strange ideas he has!)
>
> Seem to consume a fair bit of my time...

Really?

I would neeeeever imagine!
=;o)

Have fun,
Paulo

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
This one got me by surprise. I thought I would have to contribute
more than the couple of patches I did before.

Anyway, everything is upside down:
 - I am being nominated committer at the commons without being
   committer elsewhere...;
 - ...and my direct chief just gave informal authorization to
   contribute my common code AFTER I told him (via Instant
   Messaging) I was being voted.

Now, I am not bribing you: I think the authorization sticks even
if I end up getting a negative vote.

I also think that the reason he gave me that authorization has
more to do with a small demo he finally got today. Maybe before
he was wondering if all these mailing lists weren't just
consuming my time. (Strange ideas he has!)
=;o)

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar

Posted by co...@covalent.net.